Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends and a feast, but that doesn’t mean you have to do all of the cooking yourself. If you’d rather let someone else prepare the food (and handle the clean-up), we have five Philadelphia restaurants that welcome guests on or prior to Thanksgiving.
Our Top 5
1. City Tavern. This traditional Philadelphia eatery offers Thanksgiving with an Early American feel, with 18th century era costume-clad wait staff offering platters of roasted free range turkey with elegant sides and appetizers, all accompanied by suitable wine and spirits. There are three seating options from 1:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Adults are $85.95 per person; children age 12 and younger are $34.95 per person. City Tavern; 138 South 2nd Street at Walnut Street; Philadelphia, PA; 215 413-1443
2. The Capital Grille. This downtown steakhouse combines holiday favorites with items from their regular menu for Thanksgiving Day. And, of course, they have roasted turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce as well as their other, regular entrees, including dry-aged steaks, lobster and lamb chops. The Capital Grille; 1338-46 Chestnut Street; Philadelphia, PA; 215 545-9588
3. M Restaurant. One of the most romantic restaurants in Philadelphia, M Restaurant celebrates Thanksgiving in their historic, 18th century building. Their three course menu is sure to hit all the right Thanksgiving notes from Wednesday, November 27 – Tuesday, December 3 Closed Thanksgiving Day. Dinner service only 3 family style courses for $45. M Restaurant; 231 S 8th Street; Philadelphia, PA; 215 625-6666
4. Chez Colette. Hotel restaurants are usually open for all of the holidays, however you just need to know ahead of time. Chez Collete at the Sofitel Philadelphia is a good option. The extravagant Thanksgiving Day buffet here includes a turkey carving station, a roast beef station, salmon, a raw bar and all of the traditional holiday side dishes. The price is $52 for adults and $22 for children under age 12. Chez Colette; Sofitel Philadelphia; 120 S 17th Street; Philadelphia; 215 569-8300
5. Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse. Davio’s puts an Italian twist on traditional Thanksgiving Day fare. This downtown eatery, located on Rittenhouse Row, is serving Thanksgiving dinner from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and offers diners a choice of ordering off of the regular menu or choosing the three-course osteria set menu (which includes turkey as an entree option), either with or without wine pairings. The osteria menu is price at $55 per person without wines and $75 per person with the wine pairings. Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse; 111 S 17th Street; Philadelphia; 215 563-4810
Happy Cooking Free Thanksgiving!
A lovely Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t have to mean a lot of shopping, cooking and clean-up. Philadelphia offers a myriad of elegant restaurants that are not only open on the holiday, but showcasing their finest recipes. The difficult part is choosing which one!