1617 John F. Kennedy Boulevard #355, Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 268-6898

Philadelphia Slip And Fall Accident FAQs

Common Questions

Welcome to PhillySlipandFallGuys.com, your premier source for legal information relevant to the slip and fall victim in the Philadelphia area.

On this page, you’ll find a list of the most common questions that our slip and fall attorneys are asked when meeting with prospective clients. If you would like to hear our general answers to these questions, click on the question and the answer will appear.

These answers are not to be considered advice, nor do they create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to ask questions specific to your case, and get more relevant information, then contact one of our experienced slip and fall lawyers at (215) 268-6898.

No two cases are the same. It really depends on the damage caused by the injuries you sustained in the fall. Another factor that is important to consider is whether the alleged party at fault failed to keep the accident area in a safe condition.

In most instances, the liability will actually fall on the owner of the property adjacent to the sidewalk. However, in the past, our slip and fall lawyers have successfully sued the City of Philadelphia in addition to the property owner. Such cases follow a different path and have strict timing requirements so it is important to consult with an experienced attorney.

You may be able to recover compensation for the pain and suffering you endured from the accident, and foreseeable pain you will experience in the future. You will also likely recover for loss of earning ability, and may benefit from punitive damages if sever negligence is at hand. Again, every case is different, so please consult an experienced slip and fall attorney.

Whether you are visiting a neighbor or friend, you may have a lawsuit for any injuries sustained from a trip and fall on their property if there was a dangerous condition on the property. These cases require a different approach as one does not want to damage relationships by way of a law suit. Our attorneys will communicate with insurance companies to ensure an amicable solution is worked out so that you are compensated for the damage caused. However, similar to commercial property owners responsibilities, residential owners have a duty of care to protect people they invite into their home.

Since every case is different, it is important to consult with an experience slip and fall attorney as soon as you can. Different timelines may be applicable to your case, or there may be other considerations that need to be assessed.

Yes. Nursing homes, like all commercial property owners have a duty of care to their patients to ensure that there are no dangerous conditions on the property. Nursing homes have a higher standard also by way of licenses that require adequate supervision to prevent falls to their patients.

You may have a case, but again it will really depend on the circumstances of your case. For instance, the law will classify a slip and fall victim based on where the incident occurred and why you were there. A good example is that a trespasser is treated differently to a social guest, or a business visitor. Our experienced slip and fall attorneys will review the facts in your case and quickly let you know if you can be compensated.

The first thing to do is to report the incident to someone on the premises. If you are on a commercial premises you may be asked to fill out an “incident report”. Be careful that there are no waivers on there, so read the form carefully. If you do fill out the form, request a copy from them immediately. In addition, be sure to record the name, address, and contact details of the person who you reported the incident to. The best option is to consult a slip and fall attorney who will help you document the incident and file the report. This ensures you are preserving your case to the best of your abilities.

Even if you feel you were responsible in some way, you should still consult an attorney. You may be able to receive compensation even if you are somewhat responsible for your injuries. Our attorneys regularly assist clients who think they have no case because of self fault, but they actually do and recover for partial negligence.

Generally, insurance will cover slip and fall injuries. This will depend on the policy of the commercial property owner or the residential owner. In addition, if the slip and fall occurred in the scope of your employment duties, then workers compensation insurance may apply.

Over Five-Star Google Reviews!

My experience with Keith Kofsky and his firm was the most helpful and professional experience during this difficult time. The family atmosphere was so welcoming and comforting. If you need an attorney, contact Keith’s and his team for support!
My husband sustained a very serious injury. Keith handled our case with the utmost compassion and true professionalism. He fought hard for us and my husband recieved the maximum settlement. Keith was not deterred by the insurance company's aggressive attorney.Keith was in constant contact with us, and guided us through the process. His staff was superb, very caring and kept us informed, every step of the way. If you want someone who will fight for you, and not settle for less than you deserve, I highly recommend Keith! We can't thank Keith enough. He is truly appreciated.
Hello this is Tanya Bostic my experience with Mr Keith I thank him very much for what he has done for me he deserve five stars I thank him for what he has done may God continue to bless her and enlarge his territory and Jesus name I declared I decree and by my faith I call it done good experience with them thank you.
My lawyer Keith kofsky was a amazing lawyer he took on a case when no other lawyers would have taken on he fought for me stood by me and with me all the way to the end he is a great and awesome man Keith krofty is a man of integrity and strength thank u with much love
My experience with the law office was exceptional. From the amazing staff, paralegals and my attorney Keith Kofsky. Mr. Kofsky worked tirelessly on my case for two years. He's experienced, poised, excellent communication skills and one great negotiator. He had a way of explaining things to me that kept me calm during the process. Keith also keeps his word and is very involved with his clients and cases. We had a very favorable outcome and I can't thank him enough. So Keith once again, thank you very much.
Reaching out to a lawyer, coming from another state, not knowing if they are going to fight for you, I found Keith Kofsky and I was nervous as I had never dealt with a lawsuit before. Keith stepped in as if he were my big brother. As the year went on we had plenty of meetings, all to assure me that we had a case and there were no worries. Down to the last months, difficulties arose. The defendant was not willing to satisfy my case. Keith stepped in as he did all along, and heard what the defendant did not, which helped close out the case. He will go the extra mile for you. Thank you Keith!. Always, Gaynell Allen.
The Philly Slip & Fall Guys has been amazing. Keith was very knowledgeable and had a lot of patience with me. I felt very confident on him and his team as they helped my case. I highly recommend this law firm with anyone who’s been injured from a pothole.

Contact Us

Philly Slip and Fall Guys
1617 John F. Kennedy Boulevard #355
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Map & Directions
Email Inquiries

© Philly Slip And Fall Guys

Website by Dan Gilroy Design